From quite a long time reports have been flowing around which suggest that Samsung can very soon roll out official Android Kit-kat update for it’s high-end smartphones like Galaxy S4. Motorola has already pushed out Android 4.4 updates fro some of their smartphones so Samsung users were quite anxious about the updates for their smartphones. We finally have a brand new Android 4.4.2 test firmware – I9505XXUFNA1 – for the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505).
The official Android Kit-Kat update will rolling out for the Galaxy S4 users in the month of February/March across different regions worldwide, till then you can try the test firmware for the device if you are too anxious to wait for the official update. The firmware has been tested and worked fine for most of the uses and application leaving few jerks which are justified as this just a test version. The TouchWiz UI has not changed much but we some changes like the status bar icons going from green to white with a transparent bar. We have seen a little bump is performance, and benchmark scores have slightly increased as well. Samsung’s keyboard layout has been improved in landscape orientation, which makes typing much easier and gesture typing works really well too.
Below is the tutorial on how to manually update your device to the test version of Android Kit Kat. Follow the instruction strictly and in no time you will be successfully running Android 4.4.2 on your device.
- Model: GT-I9505
- Country: Open Europe
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- MODEM: I9505XXUFNA1
- Changelist: 276328
- Build date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 23:30:51 +0000
- PDA: I9505XXUFNA1
- Product Code: OXA
- CSC: I9505OXAFNA1
1) Users are advised to proceed with the tutorial below only and only if they are familiar with this type of processes otherwise you can wait for the official update
2) You are doing this at your own risk. None of our team members will be held reponsible if you brick your device during this procedure.
3) Installing this ROM will NOT voif your warranty.
- You should have Odin running on your computer. If not, Click here to download it.
- Download the test firmware here.
- Extract the firmware file you downloaded and place it on desktop.
- Open ODIN
- Restart your mobile in download mode by pressing volume down, Home and Power key simultaneously.
- Connect your phone to computer via data cable and wait until ODIN display a blue bar displaying ID/COM.
- Add I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5 to AP
- Remember that re-partition is not ticked.
- Click on start and wait for few minutes until your mobile gets flashed.
Once ODIN displays PASS and your smartphone gets rebooted means that the process has been executed successfully and you are now good to go with your smartphone.
If you encounter any difficulty while flashing your Galaxy S4, or if you have any queries leave us a comment we will get back to you as soon as possible.
galaxy s4 kit kat update india | galaxy s4 kit kat rom download | galaxy s4 android 4.4 update indian rom download | galaxy s4 leaked rom download | galaxy s4 kit kat rom direct download | galaxy s4 android kit kat update launch date in India | galaxy s4 kit kat update OTA launch date USA | galaxy s4 android 4.4 kit kat rom free download | steps to update galaxy s4 to kit kat manually | galaxy s4 kit kat update rom download for free | galaxy s4 android 4.4 update launch date germany, france, korea | galaxy s4 indian update rom download
Incoming search terms:
- android 4 4 kit kat download
- android kit kat download for galaxy s4
- S5 rom for S4
- official kitkat rom s4 tutorial
- OFFICIAL KIKAT ROM GALAXY S4
- NegaLite KitKat ROM for Sprint Galaxy S4 download
- kitkat4 4 download for galaxy s5
- kitkat rom 4 4 2 for galaxy s4